Dior is a very famous House in Fashion and Perfumes, known for the exceptional craftsmanship of its fashion collections, high-end perfumes and cosmetics. To strengthen the strong emotional link with Millennials fashionistas and key clients, Dior wanted to create an outstanding experience to explore the brand content. The main objective was to trigger the interest of their consumers for the perfume and make-up categories, while expressing the modernity of the brand.
DigitasLBi Paris had been briefed by la Maison Dior to breathe new life into the customer experience. The Labs was chosen to design and manufacture Dior Eyes, the most innovative and ergonomic virtual reality helmet in the world. Users of the Dior Eyes will enjoy 360° visits in the backstage of the fashion show or iconic Dior places.
BRAND EXPERIENCE DESIGN
Dior Eyes is an avant-garde virtual reality helmet. Designed for men but also and especially for women. Matte, shiny, polished, leather and gold: the textures and colors are perfectly mastered and contribute to express the timeless elegance of the Dior House.
Design for woman : The headset should be used with any hair cut or any earring without any inconvenience and minimize direct contact with the skin to avoid hygiene issues. Built for retail : Dior Eyes had to work in a retail and event context meaning it should be robust and easy to setup and use. Fully immersive : Retail is a noisy environment, so the sound is a really important part of the immersion.
We have designed a completely-backless headset that require no straps that can be easily put on and off. The sound is provided by custom made directional speaker that don’t need to be in direct contact with the ear to deliver a perfect enveloping sound. The VR experience is driven by a phone that can be simply replaced by opening the front panel and slide it into its slot. The headset automatically detects the user: if it is worn, the content starts; if the user removes it, it pauses. DigitasLBi Labs Paris and Dior sign here the finest combination of technological innovation and luxury design, serving entertainment in Dior Couture boutiques or in pop-up stores dedicated to home fragrancees.
Concept & Project Lead (DigitasLBi)
- Labs director : Julien Terraz
- Creative technologist : Stéphane Allary
- Creative director : Jean-Francois Ziegelmeyer
- Digital producer : Matthieu Carton
- Account director : Stéphane Le Flohic
- Project manager : Maxime Decarpentries
- Creative coder (Android App) : Franck Youdine
- Creative coder (Back Office) : Maximilien Jourdain
- Art director (Android App) : Aymeric Pepin
- UX designer (Android App) : Sebastien Calvez Jimenez
- Press relation : Sarah Coutin
- Logistic : Wahid Sellami
Case Study (DigitasLBi)
- Lead motion designer : David Sultan
- Motion designer : Javier Sacristan Rodriguez
- Art director : Sarah Scherrer
- Director of photography : Valention Tesson
- Head of industrial designer : Pierre Garner
- Senior industrial designer : Arthur Farre
- Industrial designer : Thibaut Barbedette
- Packaging designer : Nieves Contreras
Mechanical production (Novall)
- Head of mechanical engineer : Ronald Bosch
- Mechanical engineer : Ludovic Lauer
- Head of prototyping : Stéphane Millot
- Prototyping assistant : Karen Villanova
- Packaging manager : Paola Pruvost
Mechanical production (LCO)
- Project manager : Samuel Fontanel
Sound production (Prodigious)
- Producer : Clement Bonnet
- Sound engineers and Sound designers : Sidney Guillen & Florentin Foucault
- Voice-Over : François Lidove & Geoffrey Bateman